ICE Mortgage Technology Underwriting Boot Camp
The Underwriting Boot Camp is a two-week compilation of coursework and case studies aimed at upskilling residential mortgage loan processors to underwriters. Designed by professional Curriculum Developers in conjunction with industry experts, this interactive blended learning curriculum is structured to ensure students gain a better grasp of industry standards and job expectations through task-based learning.
What will I learn?
- Review mortgage lending and regulation including mortgage types and primary regulators and regulations
- Explore the loan application and loan review processes with an in-depth look at the 1008 and document verifications
- Dive into income and asset requirements including income calculations and asset requirement documentation and sources of funds
- Tackle credit and liability and explore risk assessments
- Explore investor and appraisals requirements, and AUS (DU and LPA) requirements
- Engage in credit and capital reviews with realistic scenarios and test cases
- Determine capacity by analyzing income and verification documentation
- Analyze collateral by reviewing realistic purchase and sales agreements including seller contributions and bank statements
- Analyze multiple appraisals to further determine the value of collateral
- Make compliance decisions on realistic test cases
Upon successful completion of all coursework, case studies and a final exam participants will earn a digital credential as a Foundational Underwriter.
* Discounted pricing available for Mortgage Education Package subscribers. Contact your Account Rep for more details.