Homeowners Protection Act
The purpose of this policy and procedure guide is to address the Homeowners Protection Act (HOPA) consumer protections applicable to the cancellation and termination of private mortgage insurance coverage. This policy includes guidelines for disclosure requirements, borrower requested cancellation, automatic termination, and final termination.
The AllRegs® Homeowners Protection Act Policy and Procedure Guide assists financial institutions in establishing uniform procedures for the cancelation and termination of borrower’s paid mortgage insurance.
The Homeowners Protection Act Guide addresses the following topics:
- Cancelation of private mortgage insurance
- Termination of private mortgage insurance
- Consumer disclosures and notices
- Refunding unearned premiums
- Operational compliance
- Record retention
- Best practices
The guide features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational practices and preparedness
- Explains roles and responsibilities
- Explains what to expect and how to work with auditors
- Provides practical guidance for managing the audit process from within
- Features an audit tracking spreadsheet as an optional tool
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your guide within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your guide, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!