Flood Disaster Protection
The purpose of this policy and procedure guide is to address the Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA), including the mandatory flood purchase requirements for loans made, extended, or renewed by the client, including flood zone determination, notifications, escrow requirements, private flood insurance policies, and force placement obligations.
The AllRegs® Flood Disaster Protection Policy and Procedure Guide assists financial institutions in ensuring loans secured by improved property that are located in a special flood hazard area are not made, increased, extended, or renewed unless the improved real property is covered by the minimum amount of flood insurance required by statute.
The Flood Disaster Protection Guide addresses the following topics:
- Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form
- Notice of Special Flood Hazards and Availability of Federal Disaster Relief Assistance
- Notice of Servicer
- Notice to the Administrator of FEMA
- Minimum flood insurance requirements
- Private flood insurance requirements
- Escrow requirements, including Notice of Option to Escrow
- Operational compliance
- Record retention
The guide features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational practices and preparedness
- Explains roles and responsibilities
- Explains what to expect and how to work with auditors
- Provides practical guidance for managing the audit process from within
- Features an audit tracking spreadsheet as an optional tool
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your guide within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your guide, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!