Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act outlines provisions for protections and debt collection practices as they pertain to active duty servicemembers. Therefore, it is important for debt servicers, debt collectors, and lenders to know how the various laws governing debt collection apply.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the history and purpose of the SCRA
- Describe protections for servicemembers in the SCRA
- Relate how the SCRA affects debt collection procedures
- Understand liability under debt collection laws
Upon returning to the office, students will be able to:
- Utilize methods to safeguard information
- Know how to maintain safety in the workplace
- Recognize social engineering tactics
- Know what to do in emergency situations
30 minutes (approx.)
How it works
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.