Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The purpose of this policy and procedure guide is to address the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) consumer protections and relief for servicemembers entering active service, currently on active service, and those who are being called to military service active duty. Policy elements include waivers of rights pursuant to written agreements, the maximum rate of interest on eligible loans, protections against default judgements in civil cases, foreclosure and eviction, and permanent change of station orders.
The AllRegs® Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Policy and Procedure Guide assists financial institutions in ensuring servicemembers receive all available protections they have earned through their active-duty service.
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Guide addresses the following topics:
- Maximum rate of interest on loans
- Protection against default judgements in civil cases
- Protection against foreclosure
- Protection against evictions and distress
- Adverse action
- Operational compliance
- Record retention
- Best practices
The guide features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational practices and preparedness
- Explains roles and responsibilities
- Explains what to expect and how to work with auditors
- Provides practical guidance for managing the audit process from within
- Features an audit tracking spreadsheet as an optional tool
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your guide within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your guide, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!