Fair and Responsible Practices
The purpose of this policy and procedure guide is to address the prohibited discriminatory practices under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and the Fair Housing Act, as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act.
Complying with anti-discrimination rules represents one of the largest efforts of a financial institutions compliance program. The AllRegs® Fair and Responsible Practices Policy and Procedure Guide establishes a financial institution’s basis for Fair Lending and Fair Servicing compliance.
The Fair and Responsible Practices Guide addresses the following topics:
- Prohibited discrimination
- Prohibited basis, acts, or practices
- Fair lending risks
- Regulatory examination self assessment
- Unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices
- Availability of loans
- Loan terms and conditions
- Best practices
The guide features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational practices and preparedness
- Explains roles and responsibilities
- Explains what to expect and how to work with auditors
- Provides practical guidance for managing the audit process from within
- Features an audit tracking spreadsheet as an optional tool
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your guide within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your guide, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!