Uniform Residential Loan Application Instructional Guide
*NOTE: The Optional Use Period for the Uniform Residential Loan Application will not begin July 1, 2019 as previously intended. The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) intends to provide a new effective date soon. Upon notification of this date from FHFA, the URLA Instructional Guide will be updated to reflect accurate release dates.
The redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) includes 48 new data points including additional demographic information to help the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other regulatory agencies to identify patterns of discrimination in the mortgage industry
The Uniform Residential Loan Application Instructional Guide provides detailed instructions for the completion of the redesigned URLA and a quality control checklist to verify accurate completion based on the borrower’s specific loan scenario.
This instructional guide contains detailed information for each section of the URLA:
- Section 1: Borrower Information
- Section 2: Financial Information – Assets and Liabilities
- Section 3: Financial Information – Real Estate
- Section 4: Loan and Property Information
- Section 5: Declarations
- Section 6: Acknowledgments and Agreements
- Section 7: Demographic Information
- Section 8: Loan Originator Information
The URLA Instructional Guide includes guidance for the following addendum forms:
- Additional Borrower Addendum
- Unmarried Addendum
- Lender Loan Information
The instructional guide also contains a comprehensive quality control checklist that may be used to ensure a complete initial loan application or as a post-closing verification of the information contained on the final application.
The Uniform Residential Loan Application Instructional Guide features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational preparedness
- Assists with staff training
- Defines roles and responsibilities
- Helps meet regulatory and internal compliance requirements
- Delivered via email within one business day
Contact your account manager for information regarding this unique instructional guide!