Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Policy Manual
Servicing is a complicated space. Not all transactions are the same. How do you implement and observe those consumer protection mechanisms related to debt collection as required by related regulations administered by the CFPB and others?
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a United States statute added in 1978 as Title VIII of the Consumer Credit Protection Act. Of all of the federal regulations, this is the one that is most critical to consider when servicing consumer loans. Clear direction regarding the application of FDCPA and an accurate determination as to which debts are Covered Debts is integral to maintaining a compliant servicing operation. With the AllRegs Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Policy Manual, you will help ensure your company's appropriate communications and related methods helps to reduce claims of harassment or abuse. This manual provides the following benefits:
- Eliminate abusive, deceptive and unfair debt collection practices by debt collectors in the collection of consumer debts
- Promote fair debt collection so that those debt collectors who refrain from using abusive debt collection practices are not competitively disadvantaged
- Provide consumers with an avenue for disputing and obtaining validation of debt information in order to ensure the information’s accuracy
- Promote consistent state action to protect consumers against debt collection abuses
In addition, the AllRegs’ Fair Debt Collection Practices Act policy manual addresses the following topics:
- Debts Covered by FDCPA
- Covered Debt Collectors
- Acquisition of Location Information
- Communication in Connection with Debt Collection
- Prohibited Practices
- Validation of Debt Notice
- Multiple Debts
- Legal Actions
- Furnishing of Certain Deceptive Forms
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Policy Manual features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational preparedness
- Establishes staff training requirements
- Defines roles and responsibilities
- Helps meet regulatory and internal compliance requirements
- Allows policy revisions to fit your business model
- Delivered via email within one business day
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your policy within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your manual, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online to complete your policy manual solution.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!