Fair Lending Compliance Overview
This title is one of the many courses available in the AllRegs Education Package subscription program!
This course addresses fair lending laws, concepts and issues in fair lending, regulators and how they address and enforce lending laws, and how regulatory examiners conduct examinations of financial institutions. It also covers best practices to implement policies and procedures to maintain compliance and how to manage and ensure compliance in a lending business.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the effects of the major fair lending laws and regulations on the practices of lending and credit institutions
- State the purpose and functions of each of the major fair lending acts, including ECOA, HMDA, CRA, and FHAct
- Describe the characteristics of nondiscriminatory marketing and advertising materials
- Identify the regulatory entities that handle various fair lending legislation, issues, or violations.
- Explain how effective compliance management practice support fair lending policies and procedures
- Summarize the regulatory examination process
45 Mins (approximate)
How it works
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.