Essentials of Bank Compliance for Mortgage Servicing
This title is one of the many courses available in the AllRegs Education Package subscription program!
All bank employees are required to adhere to all the laws and regulations governing banking compliance.
This course presents essential knowledge of regulations and compliance for mortgage servicing professionals. It provides an overview of the components of a law, including the relationship between statutes and regulations, how they are implemented and enforced and by what entities, and whether state or local laws take precedence in lending. The course covers the major laws that affect servicing, with a focus on RESPA requirements for servicers and FCRA disclosure requirements specific to servicers.
What will I learn?
- Identify laws and regulations that affect servicing activities
- Describe the relationship between state law and federal law in terms of compliance
- List regulatory entities and which servicing-related laws or regulations they enforce
- Explain the effects of RESPA requirements on servicing activities
- Describe the disclosures required under FCRA
Upon returning to the office, you will be able to:
- Recognize the roles of regulators in bank compliance
- Explain the laws and regulations that impact bank compliance for residential mortgage loan servicing
How it works
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.