Applying the Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgage Rule
This title is one of the many courses available in the AllRegs Education Package subscription program!
The course will help students understand the basic requirements of the ability to repay and qualified mortgage rule. This course begins by defining key terms used in the course. Then, we explain what Ability to Repay (ATR) is and which third party documents are used to verify ATR. Finally, we identify the types of Qualified Mortgages (QMs) and the parameters of each.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Define key terms related to Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgage rule
- Summarize the Ability to Repay (ATR)
- Identify third-party documents used to verify ATR
- Apply the Qualified Mortgage (QM) Rule
During the course the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction and Historical Background
- Key Terms Related to Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgages
- Summary of the Ability to Repay
- Eight ATR Underwriting Factors
- Basis for Determination of ATR
- Third-party Documents Used to Verify ATR
- Allowable Income Considerations
- Standards for Calculating Debt Payments
- Balloon Payment Examples
- The Qualified Mortgage (QM) Rule
- Liability and Safe Harbor
- QM Types
- Prepayment Penalties
- Points and Fees Thresholds
- Threshold Examples
34 mins (approximate)
How it works
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.