8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: 2022 Essentials #13926
The 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: 2022 Essentials course meets SAFE Act continuing education requirements for licensed persons and entities through review and analysis of ethics, federal laws, and the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) nontraditional lending program. Additionally, this comprehensive course includes a 1-hour component addressing advertising and social media topics specifically targeted to mortgage lenders.
Please note that the SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
2 Hour SAFE Ethics and Fair Lending (100 minutes)
- Identify factors that influence ethical decisions (20 minutes)
- Distinguish between laws and ethics (20 minutes)
- Apply the concepts of business ethics to the mortgage industry looking at conflicts of interest and fraud (30 minutes)
- Discuss lender responsibilities that ensure ethical business practices (30 minutes)
- Apply the concepts of business ethics to the mortgage industry looking at conflicts of interest and fraud
- Recognize methods for lenders to ensure ethical business practices
- Examine actions to identify and eliminate discriminatory lending practices
3 Hour SAFE Federal Laws (155 minutes)
- Component Objectives
- Review key components of ECOA
- Highlight specific disclosure requirements for both TILA and RESPA
- Discuss FCRA requirements for notice with an adverse action
- List the consent requirements for the E-Sign ACT
- Identify HUD requirements for the Informed Consumer Choice Disclosure
- Specify HUD branch registration requirements
2 Hour SAFE Nontraditional Mortgage: Discovering FHA (100 minutes)
- Describe the benefits and challenges of FHA loans
- Identify key differences between FHA and conventional loans
- Describe additional FHA criteria
- Explain General FHA Programs
- Explain FHA Rehabilitation Programs (Title 1)
- Explain common FHA niche programs
- Advise prospective borrowers regarding FHA program options and requirements
- Explain basic occupancy and property requirements
- Perform basic calculations for maximum loan value and PMI
1 Hour SAFE: Social Media (50 minutes)
- Financial Laws and Implications
- Using Social Media and Advertising in Business Activities
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles and real-world examples, with audio and/or video recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. This course will take no less than one hour to complete.
Tuition and Registration
Tuition for this course is $175.00 and includes the Credit Banking and Admin Fee applicable to this course.
Students have until December 31 in the year in which the course is purchased to complete the course.
You may complete the course at any time during this period. However, course providers are afforded seven calendar days to credit the student’s NMLS account following successful completion of the course. It is strongly advised that you complete the course at least one week prior to the December 31 deadline.
NOTE: The SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
For more information or to register by phone, call your Regional Account Executive at (800) 848-4904 or visit http://icemortgagetechnology.com/allregs.