3 Hour NY SAFE: Requirements and Prohibitions #12706
The 3 Hour NY SAFE: Requirements & Prohibitions course meets SAFE Act continuing education requirements for licensed entities through review and analysis of New York licensing, mortgage origination, and prohibited acts and practices for mortgage loan originators, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers. Learners will be presented with several scenarios and a case study to demonstrate how these prohibitions may occur in the course of day-to-day business activities.
Please note that the SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define who qualifies as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) under New York State Banking Law.
- Define MLO license requirements under New York state Banking Law.
- Describe the license renewal process and requirements for MLOs.
- List the different types of reports, books, and records that originating entities must maintain.
- Explain the requirements for interacting with third parties and penalties for influencing them.
- Identify the general restrictions of the New York State Banking Law.
- Identify the pre-application and disclosure requirements for MLOs and mortgage brokers.
- Identify the prohibited acts and practices for MLOs under Part 420.20 and 38.7 of the General Regulations of New York Banking Law.
- Describe the discrimination issues that have emerged in the mortgage lending industry.
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles and real-world examples, with audio and/or video recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. This course will take no less than one hour to complete.
Tuition and Registration
Tuition for this course is $125.00 and includes the Credit Banking and Admin Fee applicable to this course.
Students have until December 31 in the year in which the course is purchased to complete the course.
You may complete the course at any time during this period. However, course providers are afforded seven calendar days to credit the student’s NMLS account following successful completion of the course. It is strongly advised that you complete the course at least one week prior to the December 31 deadline.
NOTE: The SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
For more information or to register by phone, call your Regional Account Executive at (800) 848-4904 or visit http://icemortgagetechnology.com/allregs.